Overview of all 10 Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Awards
Up to 10 awards categories may be recognized annually where candidates are eligible.
Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Service Leadership Award
Criteria for the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Service/ Leadership Award
Involvement with Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO:
- is a member in good standing of Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO;
- will have shown leadership within a school, the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Local, or Provincial area that has benefitted Ottawa Carleton ETFOFEEO Members;
Service to Teaching Profession:
- contributes to teaching profession
- demonstrated rapport with colleagues and members of the educational community
- advocacy for teaching and all members related to education.
Honorary Membership Award
Honorary Membership nominees are chosen on the basis of the following criteria:
- is not and may never have been a member of the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO;
- has supported by actions and initiatives the objectives of the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO;
- has been involved with the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Union;
- has made a positive and significant contribution to the teaching profession.
Honorary Life Membership Award
Honorary Life Membership nominees are chosen using the following criteria:
- have been members of the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO;
- have been active supporters of the initiatives and objectives of the Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO;
- have made positive and significant contributions to the teaching profession;
- have retired on pension;
- have made significant contribution to the federation at the Local and/or Provincial level
Mary Hill Memorial Award
Criteria for the Mary Hill Memorial Award:
- a member who has served federation at the local level, for over five years in leadership positions
- the recipient will have served the federation as school representative, committee or provincial committee and may include executive service.
Terry Murphy Award of Excellence
In recognition of a school Chief Custodian by Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO
Criteria for the selection of the Terry Murphy Award of Excellence:
- fostering an exemplary learning environment, or
- demonstrating active support for the school objectives and projects, or
- demonstrating a supportive working relationship with both teachers and students.
New Teacher Service Award
This award is in recognition of a new member to the teaching profession. One award may be granted each year. The nominees are chosen using the following criteria:
- is a member in good standing
- is in his/her first five years of teaching
- is nominated by three members in good standing who have worked with the nominee
- demonstrates good knowledge of Federation and/or participates actively in Federation activities and/or demonstrates Federation leadership (steward, committee member, etc.)
Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Conservation Award
One Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO member who has made a significant contribution to education in the area of conservation.
Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO Social Justice Award
One Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO member who has made a significant contribution to the area of social justice.
Health & Safety Award
One Ottawa Carleton ETFO/FEEO member who has made a significant contribution in health and safety
Jill Paré Memorial
One school Office Administrator who has made a significant contribution to effectiveness of school operations